- Why isn’t TippyTalk available in my country?
- Do I need constant internet access to use TippyTalk?
- How many devices require a TippyTalk download?
- How do I create a new item?
- Why does the app crash when I access the camera roll?
- How do I set up the app?
- Why does the app freeze on the “add person” screen?
- Why am I not receiving texts?
- Why won’t the app rotate?
- Can I record a sound to play when an item is selected?
- Can texts be sent through a 3rd party messaging app such as whatsapp?
We all learn differently. Users tell us TippyTalk has been effective for a variety of ages. The best way to know if the platform works for your child is to try it out. Visit Google Play Store or the Apple App Store to start your free trial.
TippyTalk is suitable for all people who are living with a nonverbal learning disorder. That’s one of the reasons the app is available for a free 30-day trial. This way, you can experiment with the platform to see if it works for your family. Visit Google Play or the Apple Store to start your free trial.
We’re working hard to make TippyTalk available everywhere. We’ll let you know when the app is available in your area.
The user needs internet access to send a message. The receiver does not need internet access, he or she can receive it via mobile device.
You only need TippyTalk on one device – the device senders use to create messages. Family members and caregivers can receive messages on any mobile device.
Here’s a really helpful video that demonstrates how to create a new item: http://www.tippy-talk.com/tippy-talk/
We’ve fixed this problem, and the app will be updated upon Apple’s approval. Please hang tight for now!
Here’s a really helpful video that demonstrates how to get started: http://www.tippy-talk.com/tippy-talk/
You might be stuck on the tutorial screen. Try swiping from right to left to continue.
Please double-check that your phone number and area code are entered correctly.
We’ll be updating the app to allow for the rotation feature soon.
Look for the “i” (information) button on the set-up screen. Here’s a video to help: http://www.tippy-talk.com/tippy-talk/
The app uses a standard cellular messaging system that comes through your mobile carrier.
This is policy of the app stores that applies to all trial and paid app downloads.
This depends on the country you are living in, due to the varying cost of SMS messaging service, government tax which also varies from country to country, along with the 30% charged by the app-store
• Ireland/EU €.50 cent a day/ €14.99 a month
• UK £.37 cent a day/£10.99 a month
• USA $.50 cent a day/$14.99 a month
• Australia $.70 cent a day/$21 a month
• Canada $.70 cent a day/$20.99 a month
To cancel, go into your personal account on the Google or Apple store. Find the TippyTalk app on your personal account, and select the option to unsubscribe. You can do this at any stage within the free 30-day trial, and you will not be charged.
Apple – View, change, or cancel your subscriptions
Google – Cancel or change a subscription